July 31, 2009

ROCKETS ROCK!

Last night was a blast! To say the least! If there is one thing that i have mastered with having 3 children is that I can throw a kids birthday party. I will be honest I only ended up throwing this one at the last minute since I had a fear that Dylan was going to be disappointed in not having a big party like I always give him! It must stem from not having a bunch of birthday parties growing up since my parents were so poor with back to school that their just was not enough money at the end of the day.

Dylan received a bunch of new clothes(what i begged other moms to buy, hey I have 2 others to buy back to school stuff for too) and some really fun toys. I am trying to be more attentive to what he talks to me about when we are at different stores. when I was buying a new camera about a year ago he really wanted a pirates of the Caribbean camera...no way Jose was I going to buy him a $50 camera....HELLO TARGET CLEARANCE AISLES...for 9.98 I was able to buy him a cool yellow sponge bob camera that is digital and all I have to do is download the pictures for him!! We also bought him a bow and arrow set (toy) since he never gets to play with his real one so I thought it would be good to play with (also target clearance) and a few other random things...the BIG GIFT OF THE NIGHT was his 7ft tall ROCKET! when he was at camp he LOVED the rocket that they shot off daily...I went on a hunt to find one...but luckily I had told my family what I was looking for and they found a great one clearance from $50 down to $20!!! GREAT DEAL!

IT was a blast to say the least...I think all of us adults were nervous since it shoots up about 100 ft in the air and was not sure where it was going to land...we were ok it stayed in the area and we let the kids shoot it 3 times...it takes a lot of work to set it up each time...lucky for me I had Dom and Travis to take care of that part.

All in all the kids had a blast and by 9pm when the last few were leaving my voice was donzo and I was wipped out. I tried my best to clean the upstairs back up for Jason. He missed the whole party since he closed last night and got home about 9:30 from work.

We chatted for a few minutes fought with the kids to go to bed. Then I went took a shower and crashed...I did not read, watch TV or pass GO! I was out!

I feel weird thinking about that is the last party that I am going to throw at that house. I am sure that Jason will do something for them but really that is always where I shine! Wow that is a depressing thought...better get back to work and stop thinking about sad stuff..

No comments:

Post a Comment