July 28, 2009

Dylan

I was sitting by myself last night when I started thinking about the fact that my kids are starting to grow up on me. I know i know they are only turning 8 and 5 and soon 4 but I remember wondering what it was going to be like to have kids that age when I was carrying one in a car seat, dragging one by the arm and pushing the other one in wagon all at the same time (and you guys wonder why I am so skinny).

Dylan turns 8 in 2 days and I remember the day that he was born the most since it was such a life changing experience for me and the moments that actually looking back made me grow up. Because of Dylan I am the person that I today. I wanted to be the best mom that I could be and be successful at work as well.

Dylan.

I remember that day you were born, the most beautiful baby boy I had ever seen all 7 lbs 3 Oz and 21 inches of you.

I remember how you never slept EVER and I walked around like a zombie for the first 2 years of your life.

I remember how you called me daddy and never mommy....and how I found out you starting crawling was that you crawled your way into another room and pulled my curling iron down on your arm and had to wear a cast for weeks.

i remember when aunt Jessie and I discovered your first tooth only to find out later that it was just milk!

I remember little rascals and you singing the pickle song. that's how you got the nickname of pickle...that and when you were a baby you loved the taste of sour stuff.

i remember watching you and Izzy climbing the cabinets in the kitchen to steal cookies and getting stuck on the drawers and being to afraid to climb back down.

i remember you losing your pants at our wedding and Katelyn chasing you around with them.

i remember when you became a big brother and met Tanner for the first time and was unsure why this little monster moved in with your mom and dad.

i remember the day of your EEG and how scared you were and how scared I was and how we both cried through the whole experience.

i remember how happy I was to finally hear your diagnosis and that all the research I had been doing was exactly correct.

i remember your love of clocks, then trains and now snakes. I cannot wait to see what is next. my hope is reading that is my love!

i remember the spring you played soccer and one of the kids on your team called you a mean name and how I walked away from the field instead of screaming at his mother for his manners since I knew that this was going to be a battle that you were going to have to fight for many years to come.

i remember in kindergarten when you came home every night and cried about all the little girls in your class chasing you since you did not understand they had crushes on you. You always thought they were being bullies!

i remember when you read your first book to me, tanner and Emily.

i remember when you told tanner that you were his big brother but not Emily's since he did not want a brother and a sister.

i remember when you told Jason that there was an owl in your tree house and that is was jacking around.

i remember when you cannonballed into the deep end of the pool by yourself...with no life jacket and proved to me that you know how to swim all by yourself!

i remember...

i remember...

i remember...

i remember...

i remember...

I cannot wait to fill in more blanks in your future...I know that losing your first tooth is right around the corner.

love, mommy

1 comment: